The school dinners at IES Breckland are prepared daily with fresh ingredients sourced locally, where possible. Our caterers, ABM, ensure that all of our meals are healthy, enticing and provide a wide range of options suitable for all requirements.
Your child may be able to eat ‘on the house’! You could be saving about £11 per week. That’s around £400 over the school year and £2,000 over 5 years!!
At IES Breckland, we are committed to working with pupils and their families to ensure that they are fully supported in their learning. We recognise that this extends beyond the classroom and we want to make sure that the health, well-being and opportunities for learning for all of our pupils is the best that it can be. One of the ways that we can do this is to make sure that everyone who is eligible for free school meals completes this form, whether they wish to eat ‘on the house’ or not.
Your child will be eligible if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit) and an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You can apply for free school meals online from the Suffolk County Council Website, if you go to http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/education-and-careers/schools-and-support-in-education/free-school-meals or pick up a form from the School Office.