Students who develop good home learning habits go on to achieve higher GCSE grades.
- It is the expectation that students complete an average of 60-90 minutes of home learning per subject, per week.
- Home learning will be set according to the student’s timetable and the days that home learning will be set will be published on the school website.
- Sufficient time will be allowed for completion of the tasks set.
- Should regularly include exam questions from past papers.
- Tasks can be set from the pre-prepared booklet or individual tasks can be set that may include:
- Research projects
- Revision activities (directed and structured activity, not just ‘revise for…’)
- Keyword/ spelling tests
- Extended writing or responses to questions
- Logged practical activity
See below for the home learning schedules for each faculty:
English & Communications